Please see an outline of our Terms and Conditions for all aspects of photography, our policies below.
1) CONTRACT: The Client will agree to and sign our standard Contract and Model Release prior to the Photo Shoot.
Contracts and form can be found here (if you have been directed to complete one)
2) PAYMENT: A non-refundable charge (retainer) determined by shoot type (info on each of the package pages) will be paid by the Client prior to the Photo Shoot to secure your booking. Final payment to be made on the day of the Photo Shoot. All payments can be made by cash, cheque (must clear before booking confirmed) or online only. Images and further products will be delivered upon receipt of all payments and clearance of cheques.
3) TRAVEL: A nominal charge to cover travel expenses will be applied to all locations outside a 15-mile radius (Currently .45p per mile.. 01-09-14). This will be agreed upon prior to the Photo Shoot and paid alongside the retainer initial payment.
Any travel expenses incurred by Shelley Pixley Photography due to late cancellation or late notification of sickness will not be refunded.
4) CANCELLATION: Should you decide to cancel the Photo Shoot, the initial retainer will not be refundable. Cancellations must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the Photo Shoot (72hr for cake smash). Initial payments will not be transferable for all cancellations not meeting the 48-hour deadline.
You may change your date once as long as there is more than 48hrs (72hr for cake smash) notice period prior to original shoot date and carry the retainer across (as long as the new date is within 2 weeks of originally agreed date) ♦◊♦Newborns, I will make slight leeway on newborns as things can be unpredictable but 2 reschedules is all I can allow, and I really do need to know ASAP if there is a problem, 24hr is the minimum I require on rescheduling for newborns!! again reschedule needs to be within 2 weeks of the original date.
5) POSTAGE & PACKAGING: All Prices stated on the website are exclusive of Postage & Packaging.
5a) Delivery Option, The charges will at a percentage (with a minimum base rate) on all orders with the delivery option selected. Orders may be dispatched in multiple shipments. If you are not available for delivery and the order is returned to the Print Lab(s) then you will be liable for the cost of re-delivery.
5b) Collection Option, you will be informed when your order is ready for collection along with a list of dates/times that I will be available. Should you fail to show up without prior and adequate notification for your pre-arranged collection slot, on 2 consecutive occasions, there will be a charge applied of no less than the delivery rate applicable to the order, which must be paid before collection/delivery to you can be re-arranged. It will be the client's responsibility to contact us to re-arrange the collection.
5c) Orders Must be collected within 45 days of notification that order is ready. Failure to collect within 45 days will result in products being moved to storage and a fee being applied for no less than 15 percent of the total order. Items placed in storage will have a further 45 days for collection to be arranged and fee to be paid. After the 45 days (90 days total from notification) in storage if the collection is still not made the products will be destroyed, and all monies forfeited.
6) COPYRIGHT: Shelley Pixley Photography holds all rights to any works, digital captures, edits, hard copies, likenesses, whether in part or whole format and that Shelley Pixley Photography may use these works in any medium, location, quantity and frequency for business purposes, to include but not limited to, social media sites, business website, Publications, whether in print form or digital, stationary, all business marketing.
7) MODEL RELEASE: Shelley Pixley Photography may use the images as stated below in our contractual Model Release. This will apply even when the images are not purchased by the Client.
Client recognizes that the Photographer may reproduce, publish (including the internet), exhibit and otherwise use images created hereunder, without specific identification of persons or events, (1) as samples of work to be shown to prospective clients, (2) for instructional purposes, (3) as samples of work to be displayed for marketing or competition.
Unless the client has specifically asked for images not to be used in a written form within 72hrs of the shoot date, at which point no image can be used by either party on any social media/internet site or any other purpose, the client is to obtain prior permission by Shelley Pixley Photography, if he or she wishes to use an image in this way, at that this point the client will also be agreeing to the use of these images by Shelley Pixley Photographer, as per the Copyright section (6).
9) No printed, or digital image is to be altered in any way shape or form by the client, images from gallery are NOT to be screenshot and used in any form what so ever, in doing any of these actions the client will forfeit their gallery until an administration fee of £25 is paid and the gallery will be uploaded for a maximum on 7 days, in order for the client to purchase their required products.
Anyone found to be reproducing any images whether from prints or from a digital source (other than where a print release has been purchased) will be charged per image at our current digital image rate £25 per individual image..01-09-14) this fee will need to be paid along with the administration fee to have your gallery reissued (as above)
10) Your initial order and or any included prints/products MUST be ordered within 30 days of gallery going live. This will activate your full 4-month gallery. If NO order is placed within 30 days then your gallery is switched off and automatically archived. (There is a fee to retrieve) Permanent deletion is at 1 year. For included products, if not ordered within 30 days the gallery will be switched off and archived. After the payment of the retrieval fee, the difference between the session fee and fee paid will be applied as a credit and the product options will be removed!!
Retrieval from the archive has a £25 fee attached to it (Payable upfront) and a 14-day extension in live gallery ONLY (fee must be paid before the gallery is retrieved from the archive).
11) Any extra editing to an image requested by the client, for a colour change, object removal, head/person swap or selective colouring etc, will incur a charge. The charge will be determined on an individual basis depending on the amount of work required, all charges are to be paid for before work is undertaken.
12) Custom Designs: any requests for custom designs, using images from your gallery or images provided by the client will incur a design fee of £10 payable upfront. This charge will then be deducted from the final product cost at the time of ordering.
13) We do not permit the use of ANY handheld or stationary image capturing devices at all during your session.
14) All prices are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Shelley Pixley Photography.
Cake Smash Photo Shoots
15) We provide a standard cake with all our cake smash packages unless the customer wishes to provide their own. However, there will be no reduction in pricing should the client provide a cake themselves.
16) Should you require a more elaborate cake please request a quote with at least 2 weeks notice.
17) Cakes provided by the client are the client's responsibility, should the cake collapse / deteriorate etc Shelley Pixley Photography will not be held responsible for this.
GDPR: The information we collect through our website, through Deposits / Payments, on contracts, model releases, questionnaires and when signing into your galleries is all held securely and is gathered for the purpose of contacting you with regards to your session, order or gallery, for shipping purposes, payment plan arrangments or for the preparation of your session whether this be in our studio or at your location, we do have a mailing list that your information will be added to this is so we can keep you informed of offers, event, new products etc. This information will never be sold or given out to any third party it is purely for the use here at Shelley Pixley Photography or our sister company Pour Moi Photography. You may unsubscribe from our newsletter at any point in time using the links within the emails.
We are more than happy to arrange a payment plan on larger orders.
Payment plans MUST be requested before your order.
An agreement will be drawn up outlining the total value of your order, the down payment, the number and amount of payments and the dates on which each payment is due.
(we are happy to work with you so your payments are being made at intervals that work best for you)
This agreement will need to be signed and then you can place your completed order with full selections from your gallery.
Upon your last payment, we will have order released to our print labs.
What are cookies
Cookies are small text files that are stored on a user's computer or mobile device. They are used for a variety of purposes, including personalising pages, remembering visitor preferences, analysing visitor behaviour, managing shopping carts and delivering targeted advertising. Cookies are used to improve the online experience of almost every website, including our own.
Types of cookies
When you use our website, the following four types of cookie may be set on your device:
Necessary cookies: Necessary cookies are essential for the use of the features and services we offer on this website. Without these cookies, the services you want to use (such as view and buy your images) cannot be possible.
Functional cookies: These cookies allow us to provide you with a better online experience when you use our website. They do not gather or store any information which would allow us to identify you personally.
Performance cookies: Performance cookies collect information about how our customers use our site so that we can improve our site. These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited. For example, we might use performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages.
Targeting cookies: These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. Advertising Bureau has put together a great resource for information on behavioural advertising: how it works, further information about cookies, and steps you can take to protect your privacy on the internet. For more information please visit www.youronlinechoices.com
Most internet browsers allow you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies (or just third-party cookies) or warn you before a cookie is stored. You can choose to restrict or block cookies through your browser settings at any time.
For more information about how to do this, and about cookies in general, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that certain cookies may be set as soon as you visit this website, but you can remove them using your browser settings.
However, please be aware that restricting or blocking cookies may impact the functionality or performance of our website. Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won't work as expected without them. These cookies are set when you submit a form, view pictures, login or interact with the site by doing something that goes beyond clicking on simple links.